"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."This is my prayer for Noah, that his love for epic stories of good verse evil will translate into the reality of this world. I pray his faith will grow into a shield that he battles through life with as Satan throws arrows of temptation at him. I pray he grows into a man who loves God and sees life as a true adventure. Eddie and I have been praying for his "princess to be rescued" since before he was born. Supposedly, he has her picked out already! :) Here is our project!
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Project: Link's Shield
This recent project inspired me to blog, again. We will see how faithful I am!
It amazes me how different children from the same womb can be. My oldest is an athlete. Loves every sport on the planet. He knows every team, the quarterbacks, the plays, the positions... He is a fantastic baseball player.
So, what was this sports loving mama to do with my second son who, while freakishly strong and athletic, doesn't show the same interest in sports?! Observe and learn him...
He has come to love the video game Zelda. YES, the original from the NES system many of us played in the 80's and 90's. He loves to pretend he is the hero, Link and fighting to protect the princess, Zelda. He bounces around our home, fighting the pretend villains and it has driven me crazy until I recently realized the beauty in what he was doing. The "Wild at Heart" I had read about so many times was bleeding out of my son and I was totally missing it because I was simply annoyed by his behavior.
So, I became interested in his interest. Truthfully, Zelda was one of my favorite games growing up. I googled and came across a you tube video for making "Link's Shield" and felt is was cheap enough to purchase the materials and complete this project with Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
LOVE his expression in the last pic.
LOVE that you are blogging again.
Do not love that he "supposedly" has picked her out already. I would say it's a sure thing:)
LOVE his expression in the last pic!
LOVE this project and prayer!
Do not love that he "supposedly" has her picked out already. I'm pretty sure it's a done deal:)
Post a Comment