Friday, April 11, 2008

"Tickled Pink"

We weren't completely surprised because this pregnancy has been so different, but at the same time I am having a hard time believing it is true. I love my boys and really thought I would have three of them! They are so much fun and with my love of sports and being outside, I am sure that the fun is just getting started. However, I wanted a girl, too. Crazy...we have absolutely no control of the boy/girl thing and it is so neat to me that 1. the Lord had this in his plans for us 2. the Lord has chosen to to fulfill that desire of my heart for some reason.

So, today, I went to Old Navy to "look" at the little girl section because I actually have an excuse to do so with more in mind than my friends little ones or just to ooh and aah over the selection. I felt absolutely lost in the sea of PINK! I didn't know what to do with myself and was actually more attracted to the little boy things. I left with a smile on my face, but an empty shopping cart! I really am so thankful for my boys and I am not sure what I am going to do with a little girl (surely,we will figure it out). Maybe I will try again in a few weeks. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats Kim. The thought of having a little girl after learning the ropes of two boys is terrifying to me. I want a little girl but some days I think just boys would be great. You can tell me how it goes adjusting to all things pink.

Lindsey said...

hey kim! i'm so excited you guys are having a girl! you will absolutely love it. and i love her name too! just wanted you to know we are excited. hope you are feeling well. keep up the postings!